Targeting the right audience on your Instagram account is vital for success in Instagram’s marketing strategy. Whether you want to expand your business or create a personal brand on Instagram, it is important to know how to attract a target audience on Instagram.
If your followers show genuine interest in your services or products, they engage with your content. The result is an increase in your sales and an improvement in customers’ loyalty.
But if you do not know what captivates and motivates your followers, you cannot create alluring content to engage them with your brand or business. It is vital for you to understand:
- How to find your target audience on Instagram?
- How to attract and reach a target audience on Instagram?
Dive in to follow our advice and put it into practice to captivate your targeted users and develop your business.
How to find your target audience on Instagram?
If you are targeting an audience who is not interested in your offer, then you are just wasting your time and efforts. In order to work efficiently, you need to find the target audience for your business.
Wondering how to do it? Just implement the following method:
1. Create and Define Your Audience Persona
The first and foremost thing that any business should know is its ideal customer. You need to understand who is your ideal follower and your ideal customer. It is not enough to just think of a buyer persona, you need to research and use the real-time data to create it.
In fact, a buyer persona or targeted audience persona is a detailed description of your target audience’s representation. It is the profile of the customer to whom you want to sell your product.
To have a clear idea of a typical customer for your business, ask yourself the questions like:
- What is the product and what is its function?
- For whom your product is designed?
- What do your users look for?
In case, you are already a business owner and have already identified your audience persona, then you can reuse it to identify your Instagram audience.
2. Understand Your Current Followers in Instagram Account
In this method, you can observe the users who are already following your account. By examining your current followers,
- You can understand the demography of your audience.
- Know whether your current audience purchases from your brand or not.
- Identify trends and patterns of your existing audience by auditing the active followers of your brand.
- Also, check whether your pre-determined buyer persona is the same one as your current customers.
Tip: Use Instagram insights to assess your current followers. Change the data range on the top left corner, to last 30 days and go to ‘Audience’. Here, you can see all the vital information about your existing followers including their locations, age range, and gender.
3. Find Out the Interests of Your Followers/ Audience
To better understand your audience, you need to know what their interests are. You can observe –
- The places they visit,
- The influencers they follow, and
- What topics interest them.
You can manually take your time and check out the profile of your active users who regularly like and comment on your posts or else you can use software tools.
4. Keep an Eye on Your Competitors
You know that it is important to understand your Instagram followers, but it is also valuable to assess your competitors. There is a high chance that the users engaging with your competitors can also show interest in your products or services.
You need to know the kind of followers they have and the posts they are publishing. It will help you in understanding your target audience better. Also, you can identify any gaps or missing segments or strategies you did not utilize before and implement them now to better your performance.
5. Check Hashtags, Use Instagram Polls and Social Listening
When you understand your audience you can implement effective Instagram marketing strategies.
- Use hashtags to identify your target market on Instagram. You can search for your business’s relevant hashtags and see the people who use those hashtags on their posts.
- With the Instagram polls, you can directly ask the audience the type of questions that will help you recognize your target audience better.
- With social listening, you can know what your users are talking about and what they are interested in.
In any way, you need to understand what are users’ expectations and what type of content they prefer. And identify your audience’s likes and dislikes, their interests and hobbies, their shopping behavior, etc.
After you have identified your target audience, the next crucial step is to – attract that target audience!
How to attract and reach your target audience on Instagram?
After identifying your target audience, you need to know how to attract a target audience on Instagram. You have to captivate and allure the potential buyers to reach your Instagram account and your business. There are different ways to reach the targeted audience.
Promote Your Business with Influencers
Find influencers on Instagram and then collaborate with them. The influencers should share your values and create content or cover the topics related to your business. This will help you in reaching out to more people on Instagram.
You can find influencers by manually checking your followers’ profiles and seeing whom they are following or using hashtags, etc. But there is an easy way. That is to use Happine.cc.
- It helps you in finding the most suitable influencers and partnering with them to create engaging content.
- Happine.cc generates the expected ROI of particular influencers and tracks conversations.
- Enables you to identify loyal customers and guide them to create UGC content for your business. In this way, you can turn your customers into influencers.
- From the Happine.cc dashboard, you can manage the influencers you are collaborating with and analyze the revenue generated by each influencer.
- You can also motivate and appreciate the influencers who meet the targets by giving them rewards.
The process to Find Influencers using Happine.cc:
All you have to do is tell them about your influencer requirements like age, gender, number of followers, etc. Then Happine.cc promotes your brand among millions of influencers. Next, you will receive applications from interested influencers. So, you can choose the ones you are interested to collaborate with.
Create Shareable Content
Use your social media account to reach out to more people and you can do this by creating shareable content. What it means is – you have to create content that is easy for your users to share with their followers on their platforms.
If they can only like or comment on your content, then it cannot reach more people who might be potential buyers of your services.
You can increase your reach to the right audience by using the right hashtags.
Generally, your targeted users will have an interest related to your industry fields or your brand. It means that they will follow and use the hashtags related to your business.
Therefore, you have to make sure to use those hashtags in your posts so that the right users can see your content.
It is pretty obvious starting with the name itself that it is one of the effective ways to engage your targeted audience.
Targeted ads are the official way of advertising on Instagram to attract people to your business. If you have identified your potential buyers accurately, then targeted ads will definitely bring them to your account.
In order to have the advantage of marketing opportunities, you need to know how to find your target audience on Instagram. After identifying them, you need to convert them into buyers. For that, you have to know how to reach a target audience on Instagram. After that, you can attract them with your engaging content.
The best way to do this is to collaborate with influencers who are already used to creating engaging content for audiences. Identify and partner with reliable influencers by using Happine.cc.
To choose the plan that meets your requirements, click here – HappineCC plans for your business.